Many Microsoft users have been eagerly awaiting the release of Windows 11 due to the announced native support for Android apps.
This feature allows you to download and use Android apps directly without resorting to third-party emulators.
If you want to know how to use this exciting feature, you have come to the right place. Keep reading to find out how to install Android apps in Windows 11
Install Android Apps on Windows 11 PC
Make sure your computer meets the system requirements
The Amazon Appstore is what makes it possible to download Android apps to your computer. Before learning how to use it, you should check if your PC meets the system requirements needed to download this Android Market.
Note that these requirements are slightly different from the requirements to run Windows 11. So, if you can run this operating system, it does not necessarily mean that you can also run Android apps.
Your computer must have the following specifications to download the Amazon Appstore:
- RAM: The minimum requirement is 8 GB of RAM, but it is recommended to have at least 16 GB.
- Processor: Depending on the manufacturer, your processor unit must be either an 8th generation Intel Core i3 processor or higher or an AMD Ryzen series or higher. If you are using Qualcomm, your processor unit must be Snapdragon 8c or higher.
- Storage type: An internal SSD must be installed on your computer.
- System type: You must have a computer running x64 or ARM64.
If your computer does not meet the minimum operating requirements, you are in luck. You won’t be able to use the Amazon Appstore without a more serious hardware upgrade.
Running Android apps on your PC requires meeting some additional conditions. However, if your computer does not currently meet it, you can easily change this by adjusting some settings.
These requirements include:
- Using Windows 11 22000.0 or later.
- Activate the virtual machine platform.
- Presence in the United States
- Operation Requirements Verification Method
The Microsoft Store makes it easy to check if the system specifications are suitable for downloading the Amazon Appstore. Here’s what to do:
- Find the Amazon Appstore in the Store app.
- Find the Operation Requirements section.
- Check if there is a green check mark indicating that your system meets the requirements.
- If there is no green check mark, click Show More.
- Read the list of requirements and note the shortcomings in your system.
Unfortunately, if you are missing some key operating requirements, the Amazon App Store may not even appear in the Microsoft Store. If this is the case, consider checking the system specifications manually.
Follow these steps to check the “Installed RAM”, “Processor” and “System Type” requirements:
- Click the “Start” button.
- Select “Settings.”
- Go to “System”.
- Scroll down to the About section.
- Check the corresponding tabs under Device Specifications.
While you’re in the About section, go to Windows Specifications to check your operating system version. If you see “22000.0” or higher, your computer is fine.
If not, you will learn how to update your system later in this article.
To check Storage Type requirements, do the following:
- Click on Storage once you are in the System window in Settings.
- Click on “Advanced Storage Settings.”
- Select “Disk and Volumes.”
- Check if it says “SSD” under “Size”.
Now that you’ve compared your specifications to the list of requirements, you can deduce why the Appstore isn’t showing up. Furthermore, you can take steps to make the necessary changes.
Windows 11 Update Method
The higher version of the operating system version may be the easiest problem to solve. All you have to do is update your system. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the “Windows Update” tab.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” button.
- When the available update appears, click the Download and Install button below it.
How to activate the virtual machine platform
Virtual Machine Platform is a feature that allows your computer to emulate different operating systems. Fortunately, this feature is enabled by default on all Windows 11 devices.
However, if you have upgraded your system to Windows 11, it might be a good idea to check if this feature is enabled.
- Type “ Control panel” in the search bar and tap on the icon that appears.
- Click on the “Programs and Features” icon.
- Click on the “Turn Windows features on or off” option.
- Look for “Virtual Machine Platform” in the pop-up window.
- Check the box next to it if it isn’t already.
- Click OK.
How to change the country settings
The Amazon Appstore will only work if the PC is located in the US. If you do not live in the United States, you do not have to move yet. You can simply change your country settings.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on the “Time and Language” icon.
- Choose “Language and Region”.
- Click on “Country or Region” under the “Region” tab.
- Select “United States” from the drop-down list.
If you still get an error message when trying to use the Store, consider using a VPN.
How to install Android apps using Amazon Store
After making sure that all the operating requirements are in order, it is time to move on to installing the applications. This process is very simple and will not take much of your time.
Unfortunately, you can’t download any app you can think of yet. There are currently a limited number of Android apps available. Also, these apps are not available through Google Play but through the Amazon Appstore.
How to download the Amazon Appstore
he Amazon Appstore is the cornerstone of native support for Android apps on Windows 11. So, the first step is to download it to your computer:
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Enter “Amazon Appstore” in the search bar.
- Click on the app as soon as it appears.
- Click “Install.”
- Click “Download” in the pop-up window.
- Confirm the changes on your computer if prompted.
- Once the Microsoft Android Subsystem installation is complete, click on Open Amazon Appstore to start using the Store.
The first thing you will see is the login window. If you’re already an Amazon customer, sign in with your information. If not, click on the Create New Amazon Account button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Now it’s time to start downloading your favorite apps. Although the number of applications available at the moment is limited, it is expected to grow constantly.
How to install the application
The Amazon Appstore works in the same way as Google Play. Browse the library or search for a specific app you’re considering. Once you find the app that interests you, do the following:
- Click on the application.
- Click “Get” on the application page.
- The application will be automatically installed on your computer. Click on “Open” to launch the application.
Windows 11 deals with these Android apps because it will deal with regular Windows apps. You can find it in the list of applications and install it in the Start menu.
These apps can be launched directly without opening the Amazon Appstore again.
Once opened, most apps will appear in portrait mode, as they would on an Android mobile. However, some apps will appear like any other Windows desktop app, so you can adjust the window size or make the app full screen.
Straight to the point
Windows 11 allowed users to enjoy Android apps on their PC without searching for complicated solutions. The Amazon Appstore is reasonably easy to set up, so your favorite apps are just a few clicks away.
Once you download the necessary apps, you can easily switch from your mobile or tablet to your desktop or laptop computer.
Have you tried to install Android apps on your computer? What app did you download first? Let us know